What is Anger?
Anger, though a natural emotion, may express itself in undesirable ways. Anger triggers physiological reactions such as raised heart-beat, higher temperature and palpitations. Mounting anger can cause us to behave aggressively and inappropriately. This can negatively impact our relationships, both personal and professional. We cannot always control anger-provoking situations, but we can manage our attitudes to them.
What is Anger Management Counselling?
If you come to see me to deal with issues of anger, I will help you to understand the causes of your anger and set them in context. I will work with you to manage your anger levels and to minimise angry confrontations. I can help with all anger issues from mild irritation to explosive rage.
What are the Benefits of Anger Management Counselling?
- Understand the root causes of your anger/irritability.
- Examine the thoughts, feelings and behaviours that contribute to anger.
- Gain self-understanding and insight, including identifying triggers.
- Improve your communication skills and self-expression.
- Develop coping strategies to manage anger-provoking situations.
- Learn techniques and tools that are applicable for the long-term.
Issues for Anger Counselling include:
- Bad Temper
- Verbal Attacks
- Internal Anger
If you would like to discuss your concerns regarding anger management or are looking for a anger management counsellor, please contact me through the online enquiry form or telephone 01926 743698.