What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a normal response to threatening situations. However excessive anxiety can produce unpleasant physical and emotional problems such as heart palpitations, tension, panic attacks, ill health, insomnia, anticipating the worst and avoidance-behaviour. If left untreated, anxiety can cause wider difficulties in relationships, at work, and in general mood levels.
What is Anxiety Management Counselling?
When dealing with your anxiety our focus would be to address the root cause of your anxiety and work on ways of managing it. I help you to explore the causes of stress, including those created by work, family, and past experiences. It may be important for us to understand what you are doing to maintain high anxiety levels – for example some behaviours serve to exacerbate anxiety. I will work with you to develop stress-reduction techniques and to promote psychologically healthier patterns of living.
What are the Benefits of Anxiety Counselling?
- Opportunity to explore the underlying causes of your anxiety.
- Examine the thoughts, feelings and behaviours that contribute to your high anxiety levels.
- Gain self-understanding and insight, including identifying anxiety triggers.
- Develop tailor-made coping strategies to manage stressful situations.
- Learn techniques and tools that are effective for you in the long-run.
Issues for Anxiety Counselling include:
- Panic Attacks
- General Worry
- Performance Anxiety
- Sexual Anxiety
- Social Anxiety
If you would like to discuss your concerns regarding anxiety or are looking for a anxiety counsellor, please contact me through the online enquiry form or telephone 01926 743698.