What is Low Self-Esteem?
The word ‘esteem’ comes from a Latin word that means ‘to estimate’. Self-esteem is how you estimate yourself.
To do that, you need to ask yourself certain questions:
- Do I like myself?
- Do I think I’m a good human being?
- Am I someone deserving of love?
- Do I deserve happiness?
- Do I feel deep down that I’m an okay person?
People with low self-esteem find it hard to answer yes to these questions. Perhaps you are one of them. If so counselling may help.
What is Self-Esteem Counselling?
If you come to see me regarding low self-esteem we will explore how it may have evolved, how it affects your day-to-day life, and how you would like things to change.
Once this is established we can use your sessions to develop the tools you need to develop inner strength and self-belief.
What are the Benefits of Self-Esteem Counselling?
- Understand the causes of your low confidence.
- Examine the thoughts, feelings and behaviours that contribute to low self-esteem.
- Gain self-understanding and insight.
- Improve your self-image and self-belief.
- Assertiveness training, if relevant.
Issues for Low Self-Esteem Counselling include:
- Low Self Belief
- Low Confidence
- Poor Self-Image
- Inability to say No
If you would like to discuss your concerns regarding low self-esteem or are looking for a counsellor, please contact me through the online enquiry form or telephone 01926 743698.